wassertanzen13

Random stuff, stuff I like, blog improvement stuff. The usual...

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

while I was looking for pentagon 9/11 photos

I ran across this article by Christopher Dickey. Now I have no realistic hope that Newsweek will actually print my e-mail commentary, but the general gist of it was something along the lines of- "great nice strawman argument there. Loose Change quotes Hunter S. Thompson, therefore all 9/11 "conspiracy theorists" are clearly wackos. Go back to sleep America, the corporate media and the goverment have everything under control." What doesn't seem to get mentioned enough is that most of the best so called "9/11 consiracy theory sites" are actually primarily conspiracy debunking sites. The consiracy being debunked is the one about the 19 hijackers. Obviously a consiracy involved there, right? They didn't just coincidentally decide to go out and hijack 4 planes independently. So we have an official conspiracy theory palmed off as the truth of how it happened. The problem is, that particular consiracy theory has more holes in it than your average sieve. Most of the best 9/11 sites are simply pointing out those holes. Occasionally, they will attempt to offer a scenario which better fits the known facts. You know, scientific methodology? Falsifiable and testable theories? That kind of stuff. Anyway, I know I'm unlikely to ever have the blog readership to start my own personal "digital lynch mob", but sometimes I'd like to. Then again, sometimes, despite the fact that I don't believe in hell or eternal damnation, sometimes I think I might like to sit in judgement for 15 minutes or so, so that Shrub would have eternal punishment (starting immediately, but I'd have to figure out Cheney as well) in the Crawford McDonald's. "Y'all want fries with that?"

Tags:









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home